Job Type: Full-Time or Co-op
Positions: 1 or 2
Location: Penetanguishene, ON
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GymNext is an innovative startup building cutting edge technology for fitness and sport. Unlike most startups, we eschew the urban life instead choosing to build our company along the picturesque shores of Georgian Bay, where we enjoy the daily benefits of living in a vibrant, small community with immense cultural heritage and unparalleled access to the great outdoors. But don't be fooled - we may be from small town Ontario, but we work hard and dream big just like everyone else. If you hate traffic, love the outdoors, are active and passionate about sports and technology, then this is the startup for you.
The first product line we have developed are wall-mounted LED gym timers controlled by smartphone, tablet or smartwatch. Built for interval training in home or commercial gyms, our patent pending technology enables trainers and coaches to easily configure and setup their interval structures from the convenience of a mobile app while providing a large, crystal-clear LED display that athletes need to properly pace their workouts. Following a successful Kickstarter campaign in the summer of last year and officially launched a little more than six months ago, our timers have been flying off the shelves and we have not been able to keep up with demand. Our clocks are already in use in hundreds of gyms across Canada and the US and we have big plans for the future.
We are looking for someone to join us and supercharge our marketing/sales team. There is no shortage of work to be done as we scale up and grow our company.
You will work (AND LEARN!) directly alongside our founder and president who has launched multiple technology startups including his last endeavour which sold to Zynga in 2011. This is your chance for an incredible startup education and if you have aspirations of launching your own company in the future, then there is no better place to be.
We are looking for someone who:
- isn't afraid to take on challenges and has the confidence they will figure things out
- is creative, focused and a great problem solver
- uses facts and data to inform their daily decisions
- loves to learn new things every day
- has lots of ideas and wants to try them out
- will roll-up their sleeves and help out with anything (we are a startup after all!)
If this is you, then here are the responsibilities you will have:
- Drive the development of a marketing calendar detailing all campaigns, promotions and events
- Allocate and manage marketing spend across various promotions and campaign opportunities
- Run social media accounts and engage directly with our community of users
- Aid in the development and distribution of content marketing
- Setup and manage CRM and sales pipeline
- Develop distribution strategies and manage distributor relationships
- Assist in the creation of custom marketing and sales materials across print & web
- Deep dive into our data and report on various metrics and growth drivers
- Help plan for market and product line expansion
Experience: 0+ years experience in a similar role for Analyst. 2+ years experience in a similar role for Lead.
Education: Working towards or completed a relevant college/university degree.
Analytics, Business Development, Strategic, Sales, Marketing, Data Driven, Digital Marketing, SEO, Social Media
- We offer unbelievable customer service and everyone on our team is responsible for that
- We believe in trying out new things, measuring their effectiveness and constantly making improvements
- We move fast - try to keep up
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Hours of Work: Weekdays - 9 to 5 (flexible work arrangements available)